Black Coffee Is By FAR The Number 1 Choice
People always wonder why intermittent fasting and coffee go hand in hand. Coffee taste’s great, keeps you alert, has tons of nutritional benefits, AND it blunts your appetite. Everything you’re looking for during a fast! Coffee comes from a lovely plant known as Coffea – yes it is all natural! And people have been drinking for thousands of years. There is no number 1 intermittent fasting coffee out there, it all comes down to personal preference, and staying away from brands that have sweeteners or sugars as they contain unwanted calories – links below for a solid coffee brand to curb your hunger and stay alert.
Quick Tip: Coffee has to be drank black to maintain in a fasted state. You will break your fast by putting cream, milk, or sugar into your coffee as they all contain calories!
The list of benefits for drinking black coffee are endless:
- Coffee helps you burn fat
- Multiple studies have proven that coffee increases the rate at which your body burns fat, due to your metabolic rate rising.
- Studies show that caffeine increases the body’s fat burning rate as much as 10% in people that are obese, and up to 29% in people that are lean.
- Caffeine is found in pretty much every fat burning supplement on the market, and this is because caffeine is a natural substance that has been proven to aid in fat loss time and time again.
- Caffeine increases your adrenaline (epinephrine), which is designed to make your body ready for any intense physical exertion. (Great before a workout)
- When you are in a fasted state, caffeine helps fat cells breakdown body fat by releasing them into the bloodstream as fatty acids so they can be used as fuel and energy.
Coffee isn’t just a delicious, energy fuelled fat burner, it has tons of nutrients!
- Riboflavin: Vitamin B2
- Pantothenic Acid (Vitamin B5)
- Magnesium and Niacin(B3)
- Manganese and Potassium
Coffee Has A Ton Of Antioxidants
Antioxidants protect your body from oxidative stress which help in the prevention of many diseases and cancers. Coffee has a large amount of antioxidants that are essential to our diet. A lot of people over look this factual statement due to caffeine being “addictive”.
When you are in a fasted state, your body starts repairing cells by essentially recycling waste materials and creating new cells. Fasting also gives your digestive system a break, which allows your body to focus on other important functions – like burning unwanted fat.
Clean Out Your Stomach
Coffee is a diuretic (diuretic – causing increased passing of urine) beverage that will make you want to go to the bathroom. This is a good thing, as black coffee will help you flush out unwanted bacteria and toxins via your urine. Combine this with fasting and you will be left feeling healthy, energetic, and fresh every day.
If After All This You Still Don’t Drink Coffee…
That’s okay too, you have alternatives. When i’ve reached my caffeine limit I ALWAYS opt for carbonated water. It has 0 calories, and it’s extremely filling. The fizz in the water (done by adding carbon dioxide to water under pressure) take’s up a lot of space in your stomach. Regular water is also filling, but carbonated water increases gastric activity which is a big contributor in feeling full.
***Remember to stay in a fasted state you must remain under 50 calories. So black coffee, lots of water, and carbonated water NEED to become apart of your morning routines.